Please join us for New Life at Home, LIVE on YouTube and FaceBook from 9am every Sunday morning.
We are going to be in lockdown for a little while yet and we don’t know when Sunday gatherings of New Life will be possible. So as you prepare for Term 4, build rhythm to your Sunday for engaging with NewLife@Home. Have a deliberate time and space from which your home tunes in each Sunday.
Here are some ideas I have heard from others at New Life to mark out this time in their week:
- Listen to a playlist of favourite songs before NewLife@Home
- Get dressed in what you usually wear to church on Sundays
- Refrain from all food and drink until after NewLife@Home
- Have special breakfast/brunch on Sundays
- Phone someone for chat and prayer time before/after NewLife@Home
- Go for drive/walk that takes up your usual church travel time
- One person who does a Sunday morning drive to Ngunnawal School
while singing their favourite songs in the car
As the weather warms (hopefully soon!) and opportunity opens for meeting others outside you could include other homes in your Sunday rhythm.
This Sunday we will read Zechariah 1:7-21.
To watch the full version (8min) of the Zechariah overview video from last Sunday visit: bibleproject.com/explore/video/zechariah/
To get familiar with this book and to give you some new skills in reading the Bible for yourself, I’m facilitating Zechariah Discovery – an interactive reading of Zechariah over 3 sessions on ZOOM: 7-8:30pm on 29/9, 6/10, 13/10 (link below). Each session looks at a different section of Zechariah, but you need not join every week to get something out of it. School age children are welcome to participate alongside parents. This could be a time of extended family devotion in coming weeks. You can participate without turning your camera on. You simply need a Bible open in front of you, pen and paper.
NewLife Kids@Home is on break for school holidays and will be back underway on Compassion Sunday (10 October).
Community prayer concerns (contact Russell to share your concerns for prayer here)
- School children: Enjoying break from remote learning, missing
friends and a bit uncertain about return to school plans in Term 4.
- Health workers: Give thanks for these people and pray for their
endurance in difficult and tiring circumstances.
Grace and peace,
ZOOM LINK: Zechariah Discovery
7-8:30pm Wednesday 6/10 & 13/10
Meeting ID: 758 6988 4457